As the sun gets stronger during the summer, there is nothing I crave more than a nice cooling and hearty smoothie bowl for breakfast. This is my current favourite banana-less smoothie. And the best part - you get to eat your veggies too!
- 2 cups of baked and frozen pumpkin (do this in advance the night before)
- 2 dates
- 1 tbsp almond butter ( or nut/seed butter of your choice)
- 2 tbsp cacao powder ( or cocoa powder)
- dash of cinnamon
- Grated ginger
- 1/2 cup of water or milk of your choice
Toppings of your choice - I recommend granola for some crunch and fresh fruit
- Bake and freeze the pumpkin in advance
- Cut your pumpkin in half and scoop out the seeds
- Bake facing down for 45 minutes at 175 C
- Once baked, it is easy to separate the skin. Freeze the Pumpkin
- Now that you have frozen Pumpkin, blend all the ingredients in a high speed blender or food processor, we are looking for a creamy consistency
- It’s ready to serve!
- I have topped mine with our Cocoa Coconut Millet Granola, pomegranate seeds and hemp seeds
Don’t forget to tag us in your photos, I would love to see how you get creative with the toppings!